Hello all! I’m a little behind on my reading right now so this nomination came at the perfect moment. This is the first time I’ve done one of these tags so I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little more. I’m really looking forward to reading all of your responses. Many thanks to Siobhan @ Siobhan’s Novelties for this nomination. If you aren’t following her reviews already I highly recommend that you do!
What’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I’m studying to be a geologist. I started out as a physics major but quickly tired of the clique-y environment, so I made the switch to the earth sciences department and I’ve never regretted it. I’m particularly interested in planetary geology, marine geology, and volcanology.
- I’m bad at bookstagram. Like, really truly bad. I don’t like an aesthetically pleasing place with grand bookshelves and great lighting so taking nice book pictures is such a hassle. I’ve posted maybe twice at this point, but I do love seeing the great content others are putting out there. I’m @the.bookstack, feel free to leave your Instagram handles in the comments and I’ll happily follow everyone!
- Speaking of lacking bookshelves, that’s how this blog got its name. I ran out of horizontal space pretty quickly so I organize nearly all of my books in vertical stacks, except for a small number that are held up by some cool geode bookends.
- If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
I really identified with Patroclus in Song of Achilles from the very first page. I also related a lot to Hermione Granger growing up, but the the first character I remember really connecting with was Ellie Arroway from Contact. She was the first strong, female scientist I ever read about in a book. She’s a little bit of what I aspire to be: a good scientist and a good person.
- Which fictional character has scared you the most in your life?
Voldemort scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. It only got worse when I was old enough to see his creepy face in the movies!
- What upcoming movie are you anticipating the most or are scared to watch?
Avengers: End Game, hands down. My Dad got me into the MCU with Iron Man at age 8 and I haven’t missed a movie since. I grew up with these characters in the same way that those a little older than me grew up with the Harry Potter films.
- Which fictional character would you put a curse on?
I don’t hate characters very often, but Tom Buchanan irritated me to no end when reading The Great Gatsby. He gets the Curse of Silence, so we never have to hear him speak again.
- (Bonus) If you could humiliate a character for whatever reason (it had better good), who would it be and how would you do it?
Probably one of the big baddies from Jurassic Park. If you’re foolish enough to bring back extinct apex predators, you get what you get. It’d be hard to think of a form of humiliation they wouldn’t deserve.
- What book have you been wanting to read, but keep putting off?
- Do you dog-ear your pages and write in your books, or do you try to keep them pristine?
- What do you do when you find yourself in a reading slump?
- We all know the book is almost always better, but what movie adaptation did you really like?
- (Bonus funny question) Would you rather fight a 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
Alex @ Almost, Almost | YY @ Books and Bubble Tea | Lisa @ Way Too Fantasy | Sarah @ Hamlets and Hyperspace | Guinevere @ Books & Wonders | Dora @ Swift Coffee | Vicki @ Diverse Fantasy Reads | Reading Tonic | Lisa @ Lisa’s Cubby
If I didn’t nominate you but you’d still like to participate in this tag, please do!